BARBARA FISHER most recently was Senior Vice-President, scripted programming at UP TV, where she oversaw their slate of movies and their first scripted series, Ties That Bind and Date My Dad.
- Previously, Barbara was Senior Vice President Hallmark Channel for five years responsible for the development and production of 30 television movies a year as well as scripted series and specials.
- Prior to Hallmark, Barbara Fisher was a producer/consultant for National Geographic Entertainment, developing scripted and non-scripted series and movies for television.
- As Executive Vice President, Entertainment, at Lifetime Entertainment Services, Ms. Fisher oversaw all scheduling, programming and production for Lifetime Television, Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime Real Women. Under Fisher’s leadership, Lifetime dramatically increased its commitment to original programming, including the Emmy-nominated film Homeless to Harvard, two new primetime dramas Missing and Wildcard, several reality series, as well as the continuation of top rated shows The Division and Strong Medicine. Building on Lifetime’s commitment to inform and support women, Fisher also expanded the on-air components of the Network’s advocacy campaigns addressing a range of issues such as breast cancer, violence against women and self- esteem.
- Prior to joining Lifetime, Fisher was President of Universal Studios Network Programming and was responsible for series such as Just Shoot Me and The Steve Harvey Show as well as a number of over-all production deals.
- Barbara also served as President of Universal Television Entertainment where she shepherded movies for television, miniseries and original cable series including Dream On which aired on HBO for seven years and oversaw the highly successful animated sequels to The Land Before Time and An American Tail.